Why buy Pestrol Bird Spikes?
- Humane and effective anti-bird spikes
- Environmentally Friendly and non-lethal. They do not harm or injure birds
- Protect buildings against seagulls, pigeons, Indian mynas etc.
- Easy to stick to surfaces using screws, cable ties, nails, silicone liquid, adhesive etc.
- Long lasting product; no rusting as spikes are made of high tensile strength stainless steel
- Low visibility to preserve building aesthetics
- Easy installation into tighter areas
- Base is made of durable plastic and its flexibility makes it easy to mount on curved surfaces
- You can place the bird spikes along ledges, walls, signage, rain gutters etc.
How do Bird Spikes Work?
Bird Spikes, also known as an anti-roosting spike or roost modification, is a device consisting of long, needle-like rods used for bird control. They can be attached to building ledges, street lighting and commercial signage to prevent wild or feral birds from perching or roosting. The upward pointing wires or ‘spikes’ act as a physical barrier to the birds without hurting them. The clever design provides the solution to virtually every situation where bird spikes are suitable.
Stainless steel Pestrol Bird Spikes have the longest life expectancy and the use of high tensile strength stainless steel in particular means birds cannot easily push them out of the way or bend them out of shape. UV-protection of polycarbonate bases further offers a valuable safeguard against cracking or breaking through prolonged exposure to sunlight.
Described as ‘the most effective (type of) stand-alone bird deterrent’, Anti Bird Spikes can be placed along ledges, walls, on top of commercial signage, closed-circuit television cameras and in rain gutters, in order to prevent birds from perching on the surfaces. Anti Bird Spikes are most common in city centres and coastal areas, where feral birds are more common and more likely to cause problems for people.