Why choose the Pestrol Outdoor Mosquito Trap?
- Coverage : 1000 sq. m
- Most effective against mosquitoes and other flying insects like midges, moths, flies, Asian beetles and sandflies
- Very quiet device, only noise you will hear will be from the fan is similar to the sound a computer fan would make
- UV Light bulb to attract mosquitoes, midges and other small insects
- Produces CO2 and imitates human breath to attract mosquitoes
- Powerful fan which creates suction vacuum to suck insects in
- Built in Heat Generator for simulating human prey
- One Octenol insect attractant is provided with the unit. Can purchase an Octenol 3 pack ( or more ) when ordering the unit. Each octenol block would last approximately 3 weeks
- Easy to dispose off the insects by taking off the bottom catchment once full.
Powered by plugging into your normal household power point. I would suggest an isolating transformer available at Mitre 10 or Bunnings for approx $12.00 for protection.
How does the Pestrol Outdoor Mosquito Trap work?
- It uses a combination of two methods used by the mosquitoes to find you: Warmth and Carbon Dioxide.
- The Pestrol Exterminator uses UV bulbs with a Ti02 coating. Ti02 produces carbon dioxide, like humans do, which attracts the insects in the area toward to unit.
- Insects are then sucked into the unit by a fan and trapped in the bottom catch compartment.
- The insects are then easily disposed off via the catchment (once full), and is a very effective yet environmentally friendly method of controlling mosquitoes outdoors.
- Octenol attractant is an added advantage when trying to catch these insects. Tape the Octenol attractant to the underside of the wing/rain protecting hat of the unit.
- In addition to mosquitoes, the Exterminator also controls other flying insects such as moths, flies, Asian beetles, Midges and no-see-ums. All without the use of propane!