What is pure water?
Simply two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen. Nothing else.
Where do you obtain pure water?
The only way to achieve pure water is through steam distillation. No other water can be called pure as it can contain a range of contaminants. Pure water ranges from 99.5% to 99.97% free of total dissolved solids and contaminants.
Why is pure water so important for the body?
Approximately 75% of our body weight is water. The quality and volume of water we drink influence our body functions. The average adult body contains 60 litres of water. The brain is made up of approximately 93% water by weight. Every working function of the body requires water.
Why does the body need pure water?
- Water and oxygen corm the two most vital elements on earth that enable us to sustain life.
- Water moves through the body by osmotic pressure, cleaning and nourishing over 600 billion cells.
- It is the essential constituent of all our cells, tissues and body fluids.
- Dissolves the cellular waste allowing the toxins to be removed.
- Prevents the formation of kidney and gall bladder stones.
- Does not leave residue of any kind in the body.
- Cleanses the blood more efficiently.
- Water keeps the cell membranes moist.
- Water regulates the temperature of the body.
- Water polluted by chemicals, pesticides, poisons, inorganic minerals and other contaminants can clog up the body, often causing early death.
Have you ever stopped to think what is in the water you drink?
Municipal authorities treat water to fall within world health organisation requirements. Approximately 1% of water treated is used for drinking and cooking purposes. The water mains that carry water to our homes often leach harmful pollutants into the water supply, which increases as the pipes age. Water authorities add a range of chemicals into the water, and many treat the water with an aluminium flocking agent, alum. Humans, industrial waste and agricultural use have contaminated the world’s water sources.
The contaminants come from chemical spills, landfills, industrial waste, excessive herbicide and pesticide sprays, chemical dumps, nitrate fertiliser run off and pollution caused by stock. All these pollutants are seriously affecting our underground aquifers, waterways and rivers. Municipal water is usually treated with the deadly poison chlorine to kill bacteria and viruses. Research has proved that chlorine forms carcinogenic compounds, such as trihalomethanes and chloroforms and when mixed with organic matter can cause up to 17 forms of cancer.
The most sophisticated water treatment stations in the world are unable to stop a number of unwanted diseases and chemicals from entering our water and there are now a number of organisms resistant to chlorine.
Water treatment methods available…
There is a range of water treatment methods available today. Water may look clean, but it does not mean it is safe to drink. Treated water can contain a wide range of contaminants and pollutants, even though it falls within the World Health drinking water guidelines. Town water today can contain residues of up to 50,000 chemicals, herbicides and pesticides.
To ensure water is free from disease it should be boiled for at least 20 minutes. When water is boiled contaminants and impurities are concentrated, and it is not recommended for consumption unless absolutely necessary.
There is no regulation, or scientific research to say that bottled water is any healthier or better than town water. Reports from the USA suggest that bottled water is no better than tap water, and in some cases even worse. Some bottled water has been shown to contain excessive bacteria that can cause intestinal problems, diarrhoea and nausea.
Just because the water is chilled, tastes fine and has passed through a carbon filter does not mean the water is free from disease and contaminants. The carbon filter the water passes through, takes out the unwanted taste, however most other contaminants remain. Reports on water coolers have shown that there can be an excessive build up of bacteria and disease in the water. Water coolers incorrectly maintained can be a source of a range of water borne diseases.
This water should not be drunk without distillation or proper UV treatment. Nature uses rainwater to cleanse the atmosphere free of contaminants. Untreated rainwater should not be drunk.
Many bores or wells contain water, which is heavily polluted by a range of inorganic minerals and pollutants. Pesticides, nitrates, chemicals and faecal col-iforms from stock or human waste, contaminate many underground aquifers.
Filters and Filter Jugs
Carbon filters and a range of other filters are used to eliminate chlorine, certain contaminants and bad odours. A filter soon becomes a breeding ground for bacteria.
The object is to obtain clean water from a filter, however the filter becomes increasingly clogged up with contaminants from the water passing through it. The water from a filter can often be worse than the source water. There are many dangerous contaminants that a filter cannot remove such as fluoride, nitrates, arsenic, heavy metals, chemicals and pesticides. A filter needs to be changed regularly but there are no alarm bells to warn people to do so. Filter jugs fall into the same category as filters, they can make the water taste much better, but only eliminate some of the dissolved contaminants in tap water.
What about reverse osmosis?
R.O units vary considerably in performance, especially the ability to reduce nitrates, chemicals, viruses, bacteria and poisons. The source water affects R.O performance. Efficiency with most R.O units is around 90% when first installed but this declines with the use and the membrane will also be subject to bacterial fouling. The units must be monitored and the membranes, which are expensive, require routine replacement. Usually an R.O will waste up to 80% of the source water.
Distillation, unlike other purification methods, actually removes water from the contaminants. It copies the process that nature uses. Distillation is widely recognised as the most effective method of water purification available.
Steam distillation consistently produces high quality water. It is as reliable as nature intended.
How does distillation work?
- Ordinary tap water is heated in the distillation chamber until it reaches 100 degrees centigrade, killing off viruses and all diseases including giardia and cryptosporidium.
- The water is turned into steam vapour and rises, leaving behind the contaminants.
- As the water temperature rises, the light volatile gases boil off and are discharged through a gaseous vent. This includes gases and inorganic substances, which have a lower boiling point than water.
- The water is collected in a special jug or self-contained reservoir, depending on the unit.
- The steam is captured in a stainless steel condenser where it is cooled and condensed back to pure water.
- The purified distilled water is then collected in a container. There is no water wasted as only the impurities are left in the container to be disposed of. Distillers have a polishing charcoal filter which aerates the water and removes volatile organic compounds with a higher boiling point than water. The filter is kept free of disease due to the purity of the distilled water flowing through it.
Cost comparison of distilled water with bottled water.
The cost of producing pure distilled water is a fraction of the cost of bottled water.
Distilled water facts…
- Nature’s way of purifying water.
- It is simply two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen.
- It is the greatest solvent on earth.
- Will not damage body tissue.
- Dissolves nutrients for the body cells.
- Dissolves inorganic minerals that form debris in the body
- Does not leach out organic minerals in the body as they form part of our cells.
- The perfect liquid for the kidneys, blood and other organs.
- A great start for young babies.
- Has a fresh, clean taste.
- Improves the taste of vegetables and drinks.
- Suppresses the appetite and stimulates the metabolism
- Helps remove acid crystals from the body
- Accepted world-wide as the standard for biomedical applications.
- Produces crystal clear ice blocks.
- Our jugs, batteries and irons last much longer.
- Plants thrive on it
- Ideal for the low sodium diet.
Water and Minerals
There are two forms of minerals, organic and inorganic. Inorganic minerals are dead minerals. In water approximately 96% of all minerals are inorganic minerals. These are minerals that the water has collected by flowing through rocks and soil. Because inorganic minerals are dead minerals, the body cannot use them and they are rejected by the cells. These minerals can only be used by plants, which convert them through the process of photosynthesis, into living minerals or organic minerals. The body can only use organic minerals, which are found only in vegetables, fruits, seeds, grains, nuts, fish and meat.
There is not one mineral in water that is not more abundant in food.
Organic minerals are easily assimilated by our cells and are essential for good health, so it is important that we consume a wide range of fruit, vegetables, nuts, meat and fish to obtain these minerals.
Does pure water leach the body of essential minerals?
No! Organic minerals form part of our body once they are assimilated by our cells. In the body pure water cleans out inorganic minerals and other impurities. Inorganic minerals in water form debris in the body and are believed to cause a wide range of illnesses such as the following: Kidney stones, gall stones, varicose veins, arthritis, cataracts, inner ear problems, headaches, diabetes, emphysema, hardening of the arteries, glaucoma, mineralisation of the heart valves, ossification of the brain and other complaints.
The benefits of drinking pure distilled water…
The perfect pH for the body. Pure water picks up dissolved inorganic minerals, and assists the blood and lymph to carry them out through the normal excretion methods.
People who drink Pure Water have reported back to us the following:
- A feeling of wellbeing and increased energy
- A complete elimination or dramatic improvement from arthritic pans
- Stiff joints have become free again
- Reduction in headaches
- Improved skin conditions and brighter eyes
- Elimination of allergies
- Loss of excessive weight
- A reduction in the amount of coffee and tea being consumed
- Sleeping much better
- Eliminated kidney stones, through size reduction
- Relieved constipation
- Recovery from chemical poisoning
People find pure water soft and easy to drink in comparison with other water. It doesn’t have a flat taste. Pure water is not guaranteed as a cure for all health problems. We are simply advising you what our customers have advised us.
An artery with heavy internal deposit can be compared to scale that forms on the inside of a water pipe. An artery in this condition causes increase in blood pressure and can increase the chances of a heart attack or stroke.
The impact of calcium carbonate in our drinking water.
Over a lifetime we can consume up to 60,000 litres of water which can contain in excess of 250kg of inorganic calcium and other inorganic minerals the body cannot utilise. Calcium carbonate is used for making cement. Every day, little by little, our arteries, veins and capillaries become lined with calcium carbonate in the same way that stalagmites and stalactites are found in limestone caves. It is the arteries minute blood capillaries of the brain that suffer the greatest damage. Many of our rest and convalescent homes are full of people who can suffer from this fate. The sad fate can be acute loss of memory and an earlier death. Pure distilled water can reverse this build up, particularly calcium carbonate, provided of course no major damage has already been done.
How much pure water should you drink?
This depends on your weight and what you are doing. The most important glass of water is the first drink in the morning. Depending on your activity you should drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water each day.
Pure water and sport
Athletes in heavy training can use up to 8 litres of water per day. The performance of the body is affected by how much water we drink. If we suffer from dehydration our performance can fall off sharply. A number of the US Olympic Team use pure distilled water so as to optimise their performance. Pure water also helps the joints to work more smoothly. If you lose 2% of body water you can lose as much as 20% of your strength. Pure water helps maintain muscle tone, and the ability for the muscles to react.
Surely you and your family deserve the purest water you can get!
When we are born we are given one body. Every day what we eat and drink can clog it up and cause premature death. There can only be one choice for the body and that is to drink PURE DISTILLED WATER. A clean body is a happy body.
It is the perfect liquid for the body!
We also sell a range of distillation machines, from small counter top models through to larger stand-alone units, which are available in manual and fully automatic. We also sell an automatic under bench unit. Units for restaurants, offices and commercial applications are also available.
”DRINK 8 GLASSES OF DISTILLED WATER DAILY” – Patricia Bragg, Health Guru
Points you should consider when you are buying a pure water distiller:
The consumption of water will increase dramatically. Allow up to 3 litres per person, plus water for cooking purposes for daily use.
Do not buy a unit that is too small for your requirements.
All of our units are simple to operate and maintain.
The smaller counter top units require no installation.
We accept cash, credit cards, and cheques.
Finance terms available to approved purchasers.
PURE CLEAN DRINKING WATER, MADE SIMPLE.
Pure water, naturally…. Dependably
West Bend Pure Magic Water Distiller
Water purification by steam distillation & carbon filtration effectively removes in excess of 99.8% of most tap water impurities. Produces clean sparkling ice cubes. Enhances the natural flavour of juices, soups coffee, tea and other beverages. Features automatic shut-off after each cycle. Includes collector / storage bottle.
Distillation effectively removes contaminants such as bacteria, dissolved solids, heavy metals, chemicals, pesticides, insecticides, cryptosporiditun, giarclia etc
- Ordinary tap water is heated to 100°C killing bacteria, cysts and viruses that may be present.
- Steam rises leaving behind dissolved solids, salts, heavy metals and other substances.
- Steam is condensed in a stainless steel coil.
- Distilled water then percolates through a coconut shell carbon filter, enhancing quality by absorption of VOCs.
- The purified drinking water is collected and stored.
- Contemporary Euro-style design
- Manual fill, no installation required
- Automatic shut-off after each cycle
- Post carbon treatment system
- Removable boiling tank for easy filling.
- Stainless steel condenser – not aluminium
- Recessed heating base reduces scale build-up
- External heating element for long life
- Fan-delayed start for improved efficiency
- Space saving dimensions: Width – 24.13cm. Height – 38.10cm. Depth – 40.64cm. Distiller nett weight 4.54kg .
- Distillate capacity approx. 4 litres in 4.5 hours.
- Will provide up to 20 litres in 24 hours
- International 230VAC/50Hz 750W
- UL Listed #28KL.
- EST #4605011’01
- USA Patents pending
- All wetted materials rated for FDA & NSF
- 1 Year Warranty – parts & labour
The West Bend Pure Magic Water Distiller features a removable boiler for easy fill and a unique recessed heating base to reduce scale build-up.
The West Bend Pure Magic Water Distiller virtually pays for itself when compared to bottled water purchases, eliminating the inconvenience of lugging home cumbersome bottles. Pure steam distilled water produced by the West Bend unit is a fraction of the cost of bottled water.
- Stillclean boiler descaler
- Natural coconut shell carbon post filters (6)
- Four litre collector/storage bottle
Operational maintenance and replacement requirements are essential for the products to perform as advertised. A full range of spare parts and accessories are maintained. Full service facilities available.
Tested and Certified by NSF International, “for public health safety.”
Water Quaiity MEMBER